若您的 CSIE 工作站帳號為學生帳號，可透過系統自動申請重設密碼，不必寄信。
- 開啟 esystem 忘記密碼系統
- 輸入工作站帳號名稱，按下「Reset Password」送出申請
- 請稍等 3 分鐘，系統將寄重設確認信到 NTU 信箱，寄件者是 CSIE Esystem firstname.lastname@example.org，標題為 [CSIE Workstation] password reset
- 點選信中的連結，注意連結的網址開頭必須是 https://esystem.csie.ntu.edu.tw/reset_password，以防遭到釣魚
- 網頁會顯示成功重設密碼，並把新密碼寄到 NTU 信箱
- 使用此密碼登入到工作站或 CSIE Info 更改密碼
詳細內容可參考 忘記 CSIE 工作站密碼
- Could I name my account after my name for students?
No, because of management issue. We use a student id as the account name for undergraduate students, graduate students and phd students.
- How many user space I can use?
For undergraduate and master student, each student has 1G user quota. For alumni, each alumnu has 100M user quota.
- May I put files on mail server?
No. you cannot. The system automatically removes non-mail files on the server.
- Why I have to enter my password each time in pine or mutt?
Pine and Mutt access mailbox via IMAP (or POP3) which requires authentication. You may want to use screen to keep pine/mutt open.
- What is
- How to forward my mail?
Plaese login Webmail and set it in “Preference”.
- What is Greylisting?
Check this URL for detail.
I’m using GNOME. Why does it suddenly stop working?
This usually happens after upgrading to a new GNOME version. You can remove your GNOME related settings by
cd ~ && rm -rf .gconf* .gnome* .gnomehackrc .recently-used
Please backup them before doing this.
Usually this helps, if not, please contact the TAs.
Note that you may lose your Firefox or Mozilla settings.
Where is my favorite KDE?
We no longer support KDE as our desktop environment. Please switch to GNOME.
Why the outputs from “dict” are broken?
The output by dict protocol is
UTF-8. You can use
dictlwhich automatically transforms the encoding for you. You have to set
LC_CTYPEcorrectly. For example, they should be
zh_TW.Big5for most of you.
Can I use X window environment of BSD and Linux boxes on my Windows desktop?
Yes. You have to start a VNC server on any one of workstations first. Then, use a VNC client to connect. We strongly recommend you use VNC over an encrypted channel. To setup, please refer to vnc-ssh and remember to add
-localhostwhen you start the vnc server.
Why does my mail forwarding not work?
Please make sure you modify your forwarding setting in the webmail service. If it does not work, please contact the TAs.
How do I know my home directory space usage?
You can use the command
duto list the space usage. For example,
du –max-depth=1 ~ | sort -n
du -d 1 ~ | sort -n
- Can we run MATLAB on BSD machines?
Yes. But this is EXPERIMENTAL, not officially supported by MATLAB.
- Can we run linux binary on BSD machines?